29 Apr Code of Conduct
Fifteen things that all students training at our academy should know:
- Wear clean training gear to every class, no exceptions.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Minimize scents on body and breath.
- Stay focused on the lesson and stay positive about your progress.
- Use the review period to recall as much as you can about your previous lessons.
- Have an extra gi ready if you are going to train twice in one day.
- Don’t worry about your testing date, play the long game and don’t expect mastery in one day. It takes time!
- Allow maximum repetition of the correct movements with your partner. If your partner has mastered it, resist with a little more resistance, if your partner can over come your resistance with technique, he/she has it!
- Recite the steps of the technique aloud, it allows for quicker, more thorough learning.
- Always stand up in base!
- Keep a balance in your life, diet, sleep, and recovery time.
- Spar without ego.
- Shower immediately after training.
- Stay hydrated.
- Use Gracie University, it’s the best resource for Gracie Jiu Jitsu in the world.